I have trouble getting things free at Walmart and Target . They always tell me they can’t do it because it’s under the value of the coupon. What are their coupon policies?
I know many of you have had trouble using a coupon that creates an overage . Like the axe body wash deal going on right now at Target and Walmart. The coupon is $1.00 and the item was only .97 cents, creating a 3 cent overage. I am awaiting a reply from from Walmart for their official policy on this. But I have a copy of an email from Target. It is always good to make a copy and keep it with you while you shop.
Dear Sarah ,
Thanks for asking us about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
– We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
– We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
– We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we’re able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
– We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
– All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They’ll do their best to help while you’re in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we’re here to help!
We appreciate the opportunity to share this information with you.
Target Guest Relations
Filed under: Q and A |