First off I feel like I need to take a minute and talk about “playing nice” I know we all want to get a great deal. I have been talking to my local Walgreens manager. ( who is SUPER coupon friendly) We have been talking about the best way to provide good service to all shoppers. When one or two people come in and clear the shelf within the first few minutes of a sale, that makes 2 people happy. But hundreds of others come in wanting a good deal disappointed they are out of stock. For example, I knew the diaper sale this week would sell out within the first day. I do not shop on Sunday so I knew I would miss out on this sale. So I just asked to place a diaper order, This way I get what I need and it does not take away from everyone else. This coupon CRAZ has taken off like crazy the last few months, good managers, like at my local store, are trying to do their best to keep the store stocked with the “hot” items. They are happy to see us walk in with coupons in hand!
– I have learned to ask when the new shipments come in, the store will be restocked and most the deals I want are there. If not, I ask for a raincheck. Unfortunately they can’t give rainchecks for Register Rewards. If I miss out, yes I am disappointed but there is always another good deal around the corner.
– I do buy a lot at Walgreens. If it is a good sale week I am there 4-5 times a week. But I never clear the shelf, I buy in small quantities throughout the week. If I go the last day of the sale, late in the day and they still have a lot on the shelf THEN I go ahead and load up. Knowing everyone has had a chance to get in on the sale.
– I have to say that I think my local walgreens is amazing with good customer service, they have always treated me very well. But I know many other stores have staff that might not be as well informed on coupon policy, and tend to give incorrect info. Be kind, a smile goes a long way, if the cashier is having trouble with your coupons, politely ask for a manager. If the manager is still unable to help you, in this case, I would suggest you please call the customer service number at Walgreens 1-800-925-4733. They will then be able to better train there staff better and make it easier for you in the long run.
– I always check out at the Cosmetics counter, it is less busy and does not clog the front of the store with transactions that take longer due to coupons. My local Manager actually asked to please ask couponers to check out at the make up counter, SO keep that in mind! If you have more than one transaction and someone is behind you, think about letting them go before you.
– Last but not least, my Local Walgreens has offered to have me teach an informative class right in the store. I would show you how I shop, which coupons to use, and the coupon policy’s. The Manger will be there to help answer questions and make shopping there a great experience. MY QUESTION for you is, would this be something you would like me to do? Would you want to come? Let me know what you think. For my readers out of state, we are working with Walgreens to do a Podcast in the store with the same info.